*2nd Tuesday of the Month at 6:30 p.m.
I. Open Meeting with the Serenity Prayer
II. District 22 Groups Roll Call (11 GSR’s/3 Alt GSR’s):
- 12 Rewards *
- A Way Out Group
- Auctus Group *
- Breakdown the Book Group
- Bustleton Beginners Group
- Bustleton Group *
- Cottman Ave Group
- First Three Steps Group
- Follow the Path Group *
- Fox Chase Group
- Gas Works Group *
- Hand of God Group
- Hope Faith Group
- J.A.M. Group
- Keeping It Real Group
- Keep it Simple Group *
- Life or Death Group *
- Man Cave Group
- Mayfair-Holmesburg Group *
- Mayfair Mens Group
- Mens ER Group
- Morrell Park Women’s Group
- New Bustleton Group
- N.U.T.S. Group
- Pennypack Park Group
- Rockledge Monday Niters Group
- Samurai Group
- Second Chance Beginners Group
- Second Chance Group
- Serenity Group
- Sober Sisters Group
- Somerton Group
- Somerton Reality Group *
- Stepping on the Line
- Stepping Stones Group
- Tacony Group *
- T.I.M.E. Group
- Together on Tuesday Group
- Tradesmen Group
- Up for Grabs Group
- We Are Not Saints Group *
- Wissinoming A.M. Group *
- Young Men’s Northeast Group *
- Young Women’s Group *
III. 7th Tradition basket is passed.
- Secretary’s Report: previous meeting minutes approved as read.
- Officer-at-Large Report: Tom present- no report
V. Committees: Accepted
- Visitation: Volunteers are Ruthie, Sean, Dan, Larry, Tom, Mary. Meeting updates: Breakdown the Book Group, Bustleton Beginners Meeting, First Three Steps Group, and Hope Faith Group.
- Web Site: Ron from Mayfair/Holmesburg has agreed to help design the website and keep it up to date.
- Literature Committee: Will need volunteer every month to pick one piece of Literature and speak on it at each district meeting. Elena from Bustleton spoke on GSR pamphlet. Ruth volunteered to do next month’s presentation.
- Workshop: The next workshop will be November 30th workshop and the location was confirmed to be held @ Wissinoming United Methodists Church from 11AM-3PM. Flyers to follow at the next business meeting. Volunteers include: Bridget, Dan, Lauren, Michelle, Bob, Kevin, Elena, John, Will, and Arretta. Planning meeting will be set up amongst volunteers to discuss theme and details.
VI. Traditions Committee- Life or Death Every Thurs 6pm
August Traditions: #2-6
● August 1 Tradition 2: Kevin
● August 8 Tradition 3: John
● August 15 Tradition 4: Elena
● August 22 Tradition 5: Molly
● August 29 Tradition 6: Ron
September Traditions: #7-10
● September 5 Tradition 7: Ruthie
● September 12 Tradition 8: John
● September 19 Tradition 9: Kevin
● September 26 Tradition 10: Dan
Gail suggested using the Traditions Illustrated and AA Grapevine Traditions Checklist as resources. Take your own Tradition book – they’re in short supply.
VII. Treasurer’s Report: Arretta Accepted
Opening Balance: $ 2443.46
Basket: $ 23.00 $24.00
Donations: $ 0 $ 0
Sub-Total: $ 2997.46 (+$531) $2984.29
Deductions: $ 37.17 $ 0
Ending Balance: $ 2960.29 $2984.29
VIII. DCM Report: Gail Accepted
- Gail is stepping down as DCM for health reasons
- Anyone who donated online to area, groups need to re-enter information
- New online bookstore
IX. ADCM Report: Bridget Accepted
- All Groups Contact Info is updated on the Area 59 webpage. If anyone still hasn’t received their beginners packet, please see me after the meeting to follow up
- Upcoming Area Events: See Area59.org for additional information
- August 31st: District 36 Sponsorship in AA Workshop from 10AM-3PM @ Susquehanna Valley Evangelical Free Church, 6433 Union Deposit Rd. Harrisburg, 17111 United States
- September 5th-8th: 23rd National A.A. Archives Workshop @ 3071 West Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48202 United States
- September 7th: District 53 Workshop: “Emotional Sobriety” from 10AM-2PM @ Nicholson United Methodist Church, 64 State St. Nicholson, PA 18446 United States
- September 7th: District 55 Unity Picnic from 11AM-4PM @ Ridley Creek State Park, 351 Gradyville Road Newtown Square, 19073 United States (Ridley Creek State Park, Pavilion 11B)
- September 8th: Quarterly Area 59 Committee Meeting from 11AM-5PM, doors open @ 10AM. Refton Fire Company, 99 Church St Refton, PA 17568 United States. No fee, lunch provided. Total GSR’s attending:
- September 14th: Service and Sponsorship Workshop from 10AM-2PM @ St. Thomas Church, 610 Church Rd Flourtown, PA 19031 United States
- September 20th-22nd: National AA Technology Workshop @ Holiday Inn University Plaza ~ Sloan Convention Center, 1021 Wilkinson Trace Bowling Green, KY 42103 United States
- September 28th: The Many Aspects of Service: AA’s Singleness of Service Workshop (Districts 61 & 41) from 10AM-2PM @ St. Paul’s Lutheran Church @ 158 Fish Hill Road Tannersville, PA 18326 United States
- September 28th: Harrisburg Area Intergroup Corrections Committee 2019 Workshop from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM @ Colonial Park United Church of Christ, 5000 Devonshire Rd. Harrisburg, PA 17109 United States; Registration begins @ 3:30PM. Snacks and beverages provided
- October 5th: Live and Let Live Fall Workshop from 11AM-3PM @ Upper Oxford Community Park, 177 Catamount Rd. Oxford, PA United States
- October 19th: 20th Anniversary Longtimers Panel from 9AM-12PM @ Brookside Manor, 50 Bustelton Pike Feasterville, PA 19053 United States. Cost: $15
- October 20th: Area Inventory Location and Time TBD z
- November 1st-3rd: 62nd Annual EPGSA Convention @ Wyndham Lancaster Resort and Convention Center, 2300 Lincoln Highway East Lancaster, PA 17602 United States.
X. Old Business: Accepted
- Voted on having District 22 workshop on November 30th Workshop location TBD, waiting on confirmation from Wissinoming United Methodist Church.
XI. New Business: Accepted
- Voted confirming keeping District 22 workshop on Nov 30th versus joining the Combined District on Sept 28th. November 30th Workshop location confirmed @ Wissinoming United Methodist Church from 11AM-3PM.
- Ed stepped down as Secretary. Looking for nominations for new Secretary
- Gail stepped down as DCM. Bridget will be moving up to DCM. Will need new ADCM and nominations to follow @ next district meeting.
- Make sure you’ve registered for the EPGSA and book your hotel room ASAP since rooms fill up quickly. Remind your groups know soon in case they are funding your trip. You can register online or print out the registration packet on area59.org.
XII. Read and discussed Tradition & Concept of the Month
XIII. Next Meeting Date: September 10th , 2019 @ 6:30 p.m.
XIV: End Meeting with The Responsibility Pledge