Area 59 – District 22 GSR meeting
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
1) Open the meeting with the Serenity Prayer
2) District 22 Roll Call – Officers; Elena B. DCM, Dan S. ADCM, Joe M. Treasurer, Frank W. Officer At Large/GSR Young Men’s St. Dominic’s, Sharon M. Secretary/GSR Stepping on the Line, Jim L. GSR Keep it Simple, Kate C. GSR 164 & More, Ed Q. GSR St. Andrew’s in the Field/Somerton, Tom B. GSR Mayfair Holmesburg, Stan L. GSR Life or Death, Anonymous Jim GSR Rockledge Monday Nighters
3) DCM Elena B.’s report: Elena attended the Area 59 Inventory/District Meeting on October 17th.
- Fall Workshop with combined districts – December 4, 2021 at 10 to 3 pm. – Wissinoming United Methodist Church, 4419 Comly Street – (Comly & Jackson).
- Fall Workshop Planning Meeting – November 30th at 7 pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
- Grapevine Workshop – Saturday, December 11th at 12 to 3 – link: https://www.aasepia.org/news/event-flyers/grapevine-committee-of-greater-philadelphia-presents/
EVENTS & LINKS:
AREA 59 Events SEPIA Events
4) Treasurers Report; Joe M.
Beginning balance $5,340.44. We paid Elena for gas and tolls for the Quarterly meeting. We donated $250.00 to EPGSA hospitality fund. We received $100.00 from Life or Death, $40.00 from Tacony group and $40.00 from the NUTS group. Ending balance is $5042.18
DONATIONS: Groups and Individuals are encouraged to make Donations:
Venmo @ Joseph-McGarry-7 and please write “District22” in the remarks
5) Old Business: The Visitation Committee is on hold until further notice. We are taking turns chairing the Tradition Meeting on the 3rd Thursday of the Month at Life or Death:
- November 18-Sharon M. (Tradition 6), December 16-Kate C. (Tradition 10),
January 20-Jim L. (Tradition 3).
6) Literature Review: December will be presented by Sunny R.
7) New Business:
- A) DCM Nomination – Elena made a motion to nominate to be Ed Q. (declined).
Dan S. made a motion to nominate Sharon M. (declined) and Frank W. (accepted) Vote: We voted Yes unanimously for Frank W to become the District 22 DCM effective January 2022. He will shadow Elena to the next DCM Meeting.
- District 22 Meetings are still ONLINE until further notice!
- Please bring your ideas to the next meeting on how we can spend our money wisely to help the alcoholic stay sober. Service secures sobriety!
8) The Eleventh Tradition: read by Joe M. Treasurer and discussed with group.
9) Next Meeting Date: December 14, 2021 at 6:30 pm on Zoom
Meeting ID# 98611503189 Password 588932
Join Zoom Meeting
Please let me know if you do not wish to be on this mailing list. Thanks!
10) Responsibility Pledge: I am responsible…
When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help,
I want the Hand of AA to always be there. And for that “I am responsible”