Area 59 – District 22 GSR meeting
Tuesday, July 12, 2022
1) Open the meeting with the Serenity Prayer
2) District 22 Roll Call – Officers: Frank W. DCM, Jim L. ADCM, Joe M. Treasurer, Sharon M.
Secretary/GSR Stepping on the Line, John K. GSR Young Men’s St. Dominic’s, Perry S. ALT. GSR Mayfair
Holmesburg, Ralph GSR J.A.M., Kate C. GSR 164 and More, Angela GSR Tacony Group, Michele Massey GSR
EVENTS & LINKS:
AREA 59 Events SEPIA Events
3) DCM Report – Frank W.: 1) Please check out https://area59aa.org/ for AA information, calendar with
event flyers and other AA goodies. 2) EPGSA conference registration is open – it is a voting year so please attend!
Story solicitation paperwork was scanned and emailed – any questions should email BigFrank138@gmail.com
Please ask your groups for topics or ideas to be presented at the Combined Districts Fall Workshop.
4) Treasurers Report – Joe M. Beginning balance was $4204.27. We received $40 from the NUTS, $25
from Keep It Simple group, $150 from Life or Death, $100 from Follow the Path and $100 from Young Men’s.
Ending balance is $4619.27. Donations: Groups and Individuals are encouraged to make Donations: Venmo @
Joseph-McGarry-7 and please write “District22″ in the remarks
5) Old Business: 1) We unanimously voted at the June meeting that GSRs from District 22 will no longer be
taking tradition meetings into Life or Death.
6) Literature Review: Angela presented literature on the pamphlet “AA for the Black and African American
Alcoholic” P-51. John K. will present literature for the August meeting.
7) New Business:
1) We need to discuss obtaining a structural manual for DCMs. 2) Panel 71 ends 3) December – everyone rotates out. We will vote in November for DCM and ADCM
8) The Seventh Tradition: read and discussed by all members of the group.
9) The next meeting is IN-PERSON on August 9. 2022 at *** 6:30 PM at Mayfair Holmesburg, Saints
United Lutheran Church, 3200 Ryan Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19136 Please use the Ryan Ave Entrance.
Responsibility Pledge: I am responsible… When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help,
I want the Hand of AA to always be there… And for that “I am responsible”