*2nd Tuesday of the Month at 6:30 p.m.
DCM: Bridget M. 267-432-1899
ADCM: Elena B. 484-809-1477
Treasurer: Arretta S. 215-208-7342
Officer-at-Large: Tom G. 215-209-9240
Secretary: Michelle K. 215-930-2102
- Open Meeting with the Serenity Prayer
- District 22 Groups Roll Call: Zoom Meetings that they have now and discuss if they will be opening up or any events/anniversaries
- 12 Rewards
- A Way Out Group
- Auctus Group: *Outside meeting Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday @6pm, Friday @5pm, Saturday @9am. Tuesday “Came to Believe” Zoom meeting @7:30- (Meeting ID: 605-594-904 Password: 162500)
- Breakdown the Book Group
- Bustleton Beginners Group
- Bustleton Group:
- Cottman Ave Group:
- First Three Steps Group
- Follow the Path Group: * Starting meeting back up Fri. 8/14 @ 7PM outside in Livengrin’s parking lot. Bring a chair, wear a mask, and follow social distancing 6’ apart. Will continue till at least the end of month until it gains interest.
- Fox Chase Group
- Gas Works Group *Open Live indoor meeting Sunday’s @7pm, masks are required and maintaining 6’ apart, 7th tradition is put in the front of meeting (not passed)
- Hand of God Group
- Hope Faith Group
- J.A.M. Group- Monday @6:30pm at the same location as Mayfair-Holmesburg meeting is.
- Keeping It Real Group
- Keep it Simple Group- Not starting live again until the Schools go back (maybe beginning of September) Also No zoom meetings for this group)
- Life or Death Group *Group is doing great financially and overall! Temporary Meetings held at Life or Death inside @ 10am,12pm,6pm,8pm,10pm) *Masks are not required but encouraged*
- Man Cave Group
- Mayfair-Holmesburg Group– Live meetings Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday @ 6:30pm. **Have to wear masks** ( If it rains meeting can go inside) Bring your own chair/coffee/book
- Mayfair Mens Group
- Mens ER Group
- Morrell Park Women’s Group
- New Bustleton Group
- N.U.T.S. Group
- Pennypack Park Group
- Rockledge Monday Niters Group
- Russian Speaking Sober Philly: Live meetings Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 8pm- Location is at 369 Pennypack. (Outside) 1 hour meeting. If it’s under 25 people the group can go inside w/masks.
- Samurai Group
- Second Chance Beginners Group
- Second Chance Group
- Serenity Group
- Sober Sisters Group
- Somerton Group
- Somerton Reality Group
- Stepping on the Line
- Stepping Stones Group
- Tacony Group
- T.I.M.E. Group
- Together on Tuesday Group
- Tradesmen Group
- We Are Not Saints Group
- Wissinoming A.M. Group
- Young Men’s Northeast Group
- Young Women’s Group– Live meetings Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday @7pm Zoom meetings are Monday/Tuesday/Friday @7pm
III. 7th Tradition: Sending individual and group donations through Venmo temporarily. VENMO username: @Life-or-death and put “District 22” in the subject line when sending donations
- Secretary’s Report: Accepted
- Officer-at-Large Report: N/A
- DCM Report:
- Upcoming Area Events: See Area59.org for additional information
- August 21st-23rd: PENNSCYPAA XXXII POSTPONED TILL AUGUST 2021
- August 29th: District 84 Workshop “The Role Area Served” @ 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Zoom info= Zoom ID: 84576538190, Password: District64. Flyer: https://area59aa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Workshop-Flyer.pdf
- September 5-6th: 5th Annual Unity and Service Conference. Zoom from 9AM-6PM both days. “Applying our 12 Traditions and 12 Concepts to Real Life”. Unity and Service Group (Pleasant Hill, CA). Pre-registration is encouraged. Information and Registration: email@example.com. Flyer: https://area59aa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-US-Registration-Flyer-with-Link.pdf
- September 13th: AQ4 Area Quarterly Meeting @11:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Zoom and other meeting info TBD. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 18th: Area Day Zoom info and meeting time TBD. Contact: email@example.com
- November 13th-15th: 63rd Annual EPGSA, EPGSA Announcement Will be virtual: https://area59aa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2020-EPGSA-Announcement.pdf, Save the Date Flyer: https://area59aa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SAVE-THE-DATE-2020.pdf
- November 20th-22nd: Bill and Bob’s Book on the Beach Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, 1 Baltimore Ave. Rehoboth Beach, DE, 19971 Contact: WeRnotSaints@gmail.com
- December 13th: AQ1 Panel 71 Area Meeting, Meeting @ 11AM-4PM. Zoom Info TBD, no fee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. ADCM Report: Elena- Accepted
- Treasurer’s Report: Arretta- Discuss Venmo
Opening Balance: $2118.36. $2118.36
Basket: $30 $58 ($48:basket + $10:Venmo)
Donations: $100 $275 ($150-LOD, $25 Keep it Simple, $100 Pennypack)
Sub-Total: $2118.36. $2451.36
Deductions: $0 $0
Ending Balance: $2118.36 $2451.36
- Committees: Accepted
- Visitation: Volunteers are Ruthie, Sean, Dan, Larry, and Tom.
- Suspended/Tabled till meetings resume
- Web Site: Tom B. is helping with the Website, district22.org: monthly notes, events, ect. Added the GSR Orientation Guide (PDF)
- Literature Committee: Volunteer every month to pick one piece of Literature and speak on it at each district meeting. Tom B. volunteered for month of September
- Traditions Committee- Life or Death Every Thurs 6pm
***** Arretta agreed to take the commitments (maybe) and Joe will help out will the Life or death tradition meetings*****
September Traditions: #2-5 *Arretta agreed to take commitments (maybe) and Joe will help
- September 3rd Tradition 2: Kevin D.
- September 10th Tradition 3: Kevin D. (and/or aretta/joe)
- September 17th Tradition 4: John K.
- September 24th Tradition 5: Elena B.
October Traditions: #6-10*
- October 1st Tradition 6:
- October 8th Tradition 7: Kevin D.
- October 15th Tradition 8:
- October 22nd Tradition 9:
- October 29th Tradition 10: John K
** If you are not able to make the meeting, PLEASE call Tom, Bridget, Arretta, Or Michelle and let them know** Take your own Tradition book – they’re in short supply.
XII. Old Business: Accepted
- Start discussing Workshop on October 3rd-thoughts whether Zoom or Indoor Workshop (tabeled)
- If considering an in-person and indoor workshop, We will need to book a venue sooner rather than later. Possibly Wissinoming Methodist Church (Tacony and Wiss AM Group location) if people are going this route? Tabled till the next month (August)
- Contact Caroline N. and/or Pat F. for August’s meeting
- Joe? will connect with Aretta to alternate doing the thursday tradition meetings @ Life or Death for the month of August
- The Convention/voting delegates for this year’s GSR convention in November will be held virtually.
- 7th Tradition donations from groups and individuals can be sent to Arretta via VENMO.
- Arretta doesn’t have a personal VENMO account but has one that is used for Life or Death. To differentiate, we will put “District 22” in the subject line when sending donations
- VENMO username: @Life-or-death
XIII. New Business: Accepted
- District 22 Workshop In October
- Bridgette spoke to Mary and it will be confirmed that we’re doing the workshop LIVE @ Wissinoming United Methodist Church (4419 Comly St) from 11am-2pm) on October 3rd
- Also is Tacony and/or Mayfair/Holmesburg churches even open to having certain events? And if so how much?
- Is District 60 still interested in doing a combined workshop?
- Are the speakers that we originally set-up still available to speak and/or willing to do zoom VS in-person
- Make and Post flyer on Area59aa.org
- Packaged food options will be discussed at our next business meeting on 9/8 will be tabled
- Called Pat F., past delegate, who will be joining us in September to discuss the EPGSA and other area events
- There was an issue with the server that our district 22 website was on. Ron G. helped us originally to create the website for us prior and has now been helping to rebuild it for us. It costs $5/month, which Ron was paying for out of pocket. Would implore reimbursing Ron for prior months and also setting up district 22’s account to pay for future payments. And also to Thank Ron and Tom for their time and service with it!
XIV. Next Meeting Date: September 8th, 2020 @ 6:30 p.m, LIVE @ 3200 Ryan Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136. (Voted to have it outside or will go inside the gym if it rains) See you guys there! Masks are required.
XV: End Meeting with The Responsibility Pledge
I am responsible…
When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.